Facilities and Activities
Your admission gives you a Day Pass so the Garden is yours to enjoy for as long as you want to stay. You are also welcome to bring your own snacks, lunch or picnic with you.
We offer a range of facilities and activities:
- A self guide map of the Garden
- A 10-minute introductory DVD
- Plenty of places to sit and contemplate
- A Tea Shop with a range of teas, dumplings, buns and other goodies to sample
- A gift shop where you’ll find beautiful items for yourself and others
- An opportunity to feed the goldfish (late spring to mid-autumn)
- A chance to try on authentic costumes of emperors and princesses (and take photos)
- Chinese style puzzles and board games to bend your mind
- Acoustiguide Audio tours
- A Go (weiqui) Club on Thursday evenings (check for availability)
The Tower Block holds up to 16 people seated boardroom style or 24 people seated theatre style. It is ideal for small business meetings, product presentation or interviews.
- Hire fee $150 for half day (9.00am-1.00pm)
- $200 for whole day (during opening hours)
The gift shop is located in the sunny courtyard of the Garden. You will find a wide range of authentic Chinese souvenirs, including lanterns, chopsticks, fans and jewellery, as well as traditional Chinese tea and light snacks.
The Tea House was used by the Scholar to serve tea, dine and entertain his friends and guests. Many Garden visitors enjoy their Chinese tea and dumplings while enjoying the tranquil outlook.
The shop and Tea House are open daily 10.00am - 4.30pm. During our Summer trading hours we also operate on Thursday evenings until 7.30pm.